I stumbled upon www.myprettypennies.com and I love that she has a Weekly Money Check-Up. I think I’ll start participating as I become more aware of my money.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my auto insurance – $156.36.
2. Today I feel extremely aware and anxious towards money. After I tracked all of our spending for 2010 I realized that we have a lot of work ahead of ourselves. We really need to figure a way to take control of our spending and live below our means. In looking at our numbers for the current month, we’ve already managed to spend $421.12 on dining out. The breakdown of expenditures:
- $50.82 – Alcohol
- $5.42 – Breakfast
- $42.46 – Lattes
- $39.85 – Dinner
- $222.57 – Lunch
- $60.00 – Kids’ School Lunches
Wow, that is really a lot of money spent on eating out 😦
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was cook a great dinner for my family and afterwards we played Scrabble .
4. I will consider this week a success if I pack our lunches everyday and not buy a latte. Looking at #3, it’s obvious that if we can just pack our lunches and not buy lattes, we would be saving a lot of money. Baby steps…
5. My favorite way to relax is to cook dinner for my family, eat together and then watch TV or play board games