I am one of those people who love crossing things off of to-do checklists. I keep a standing To-Do list in my Filofax and get giddy off of completing each task. I’m slowly recovering from my shock of how horrible our finances are and I think keeping a weekly to do list of things I can do to make them better will really benefit me. After all, I’m one who likes to see progress even if it’s just baby steps.
By the end of this week I hope to accomplish the following:
- Open, sort, file or shred all the incoming mail and loose paper in our home office.
- Think of creative and free solutions to making our home office more usable. Currently, I have a desk, an assortment of filing items, a printer and a bookcase. I want to be able to keep the current bills in one area where the mister can just open up and see what’s due.
- I also need to figure out a way to sort our mail that comes in or that needs to leave. All for free with items that I already have in the house.
- Firm up our February budget and blog about it.
- Purge my closet and either list things on eBay, donate or throw away items I haven’t worn in the last 6 months.
- Talk to the neighbors about the possibility of having a community garage sale in March or April when the weather might cooperate.