Following My Pretty Pennies weekly check up series.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries. This week I bought meat – chicken breasts were on sale and also ribs for a family gathering. We also bought some alcohol which we don’t usually do.
2. Today I am thankful for for my parents. Despite my mother having a stroke a few years back and my dad having a heart attack, I’m thankful they are here with me. My neighbor’s father had a stroke last weekend and ended up passing away and this made my heart ache for my neighbors and very thankful for my parents to still be here with me.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was go to the library with the munchkins. Also, we were able to enjoy the weather by going to the park and walking our puppy. I’ve also been able to run outside.
4. I will consider this week a success if I can get all the bank accounts set up, and change our direct deposits.
5. The strangest thing I have ever eaten is pork blood. It’s used in southeast Asian cuisine and I loved it while I was a kid but now as an adult, I can’t believe I ever ate it!