(picture snapped by yours truly yesterday)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our grocery and gas bill, $116.06 for groceries and $101.01 to gas up both vehicles.
We keep the temperature to our house about 62 year round. And rarely turn on the heat during the day.
2. Today I am thankful our beautiful weather this weekend. It was rare and so beautiful!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was free flowers from my garden! So far this summer I’ve been able to display my peonies, calla lilies and this weekend my hydrangeas.
4. I will consider this week a success if I don’t buy anything until Friday. I’ve been tracking our spending and we spent a lot this weekend. I just don’t understand why we can’t stop spending 😦
I’m determined not to spend a penny this entire week and to accomplish this I’ve removed my debit cash out of my wallet. We have gas in the car and we’ve got groceries. WE DON’T NEED ANYTHING ELSE!
5. A good friend is someone who is loyal, has your back 100% of the time but who can also tell you when you’re being ridiculous! He/she is also someone who can make you laugh til no tomorrow and can cause you to cry when you’re fighting. A good friend is also someone who you can go weeks/months without talking but when you’re together you pick up as if no time has passed. A good friend is not someone who tells other people your business and gossips about you.
I am thankful because I have a handful of awesome friends. I also have people in my life who aren’t such good friends but thankfully I’ve been able to just ignore and see them when I choose to see them.