I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year’s Eve! Kids, hubby and I stayed home and had some friends over. We had a fantastic dinner, some wine, other assortments of alcohol and played Dance Central until 4AM. I was so tired from lack of sleep that I stayed in bed until about 1:00 in the afternoon today and to top it off, my work out the other day totally kicked my butt and my muscles were screaming at me today. I literally could not move and due to the lack of movement on my part, I had a lot of time to think about what goals I want to set in 2012. Here goes nothing!
- Focus on the positive in my life and walk away from the negative.
- Work on being a better wife and mommy.
- Run 2 half marathons.
- Run 1 marathon.
- Hot Yoga at least 3 times a week.
- Lose 40 lbs by eating healthy and consistently working out.
- Study hard!
- Finish up my transfer degree and apply to the University!
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Continue working hard and closer to my next promotion!
- Apply for jobs in the department my old boss now heads up.
- Try not to work more than 40 hours a week to maintain some sort of work/life balance.
- Remember that work is just work at the end of the day.
- Have a written budget every month and stick to it.
- STOP SHOPPING. Really, I don’t need any more stuff!
- Start posting on Sundays about weekly spending to hold myself accountable.
- Communicate better with the Mr. about money.
- Save $5,000 in a baby emergency fund by putting away $650 every pay period into our ING account. We get paid bi-weekly so we can save this amount by the end of February, sooner if our bonuses are anything like last year!
- Continue to contribute 8% of pay check to 401(k)
- Pay off our medical & dental bills – approximately $2,000 (1,000 for medical and the rest for DH’s crowns last year).
- Pay off my credit card – $5,500.
- Start aggressively paying down our car note, which today sits at $31,913.20.
I think that’s it for now. I am so excited to finally take control of our finances and just in general having a great year!