Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a whole bunch of bills and groceries. Mortgage, childcare, internet & cable, and lots of groceries. We also spend about 75% of our monthly budget in the first week on bills.
2. Today I am thankful that I work where I work. They allow me to take a class in the middle of the work day and are also paying for my education. Thank you!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was run. I went on 4 runs and it felt great to let my mind go and my body take over. Best therapy ever.
4. I will consider this week a success if I cook/eat what is in our pantry and don’t make a trip to the grocery store.
5. If I could change one thing about my home I’d sell it! We owe approximately $100,000 more than it’s worth. Pretty depressing but I can’t see myself doing a short sale or walking away. So, we just pay the mortgage.