I’m a little late on getting this up, but better late than never, right? I left DH in charge of grocery shopping this week because I had to study every day. Well, sufficed to say, this will be the last weekend he gets to shop for groceries. This is how we spent our money this week:
2. Car Payment – fixed every month
3. Cell Phone accessories – I dropped and cracked my previous iphone case & DH ordered me another one. I’m a complete klutz.
4. Clothing : bathing suit for all 3 kids as they had grown out of theirs and we signed them up for swimming lessons.
5. Dining – no eating out for me. This is DH’s portion of lunches (boo).
6. Gifts – Chinese New Years and we gave money to our kids & neices/nephews. Kids deposited the money to their accounts.
7. Groceries – $377.97. Yep, my husband did not shop with a list or use coupons and kept going back to the store over and over and over and over. There were at least 8 transactions to the grocery store. WTF?!? He also decided to have people over last minute to watch the playoffs, which meant he went out and bought unnecessary food. I’m super grumpy about this but it’s partly my fault because I should have been explicit & given him a not to exceed budget for the week.
8. Medial – Co-pay for DH’s physical therapy session.
9. Personal Care – body wash & shampoo/conditioner for the kids.
I’m upset about the grocery bill and the gifts given. I wasn’t planning on it and DH just took out cash and started handing everyone red envelopes without discussing it with me. We are not rich and this has to got to stop. I was also super grumpy that he had people over at our house with out making sure I was okay with it. At the very least, he could have mandated the outing a pot luck. Looks like, we’re going to start instituting a once a week finance meeting between the two of us. He honestly didn’t track the amounts and when I showed him the numbers, he asked me if I was crazy to spend that much per week on groceries1!!!!
We got invited to so many events this weekend, and we turned them all down except for my GF’s birthday dinner at her house & my husband’s cousin’s little girl’s birthday. Being on a budget and having a social life sucks sometimes.