I don’t know if I’ve ever put it out there how much I love an organized and clean home. I absolutely detest clutter. Spring Cleaning is actually something that I love to do. I wouldn’t say that I’m sick, exactly, but I do love walking into a house where everything is clean, orderly and in its place.
I have an insane schedule with work and school right now, however, I do have a list of things I want to accomplish by the end of summer so it’s not necessarily “spring cleaning” per se. That list so far consists of the following:
Sweep the front porch
- Plant some cosmos in the planter
- Paint my front door & touch up the railing on the front porch.
- Plant some cheap flowers in the back yard & replace the flowers in the planters on back porch.
- Call friend w/landscape business to aerate our back yard.
- Fix printer or buy a cheaper one 😦
- Go through collection of pens & toss out bad ones.
- Reorganize my filing system so it’s easier and more efficient.
- Shred all sensitive and unneeded paperwork.
Use Mr. Clean to clean the walls& repaint if necessary.
- Repaint it to ivory/grey-beige from the butter yellow it is now.
- Reorganize the pantry
Clean out refrigerator
- Clean oven
Organize under the sink Throw away all mismatched tupperware Clean my espresso machine
- Dining Room
- Move my little girl’s tea party kitchen upstairs.
Hang up artwork in the dining room.
- Make new curtains for the dining room.
- Perhaps repaint it to an ivory color from the powder blue that it is now.
- Living Room
- Sand and re-stain the coffee table.
Organize all the books, dvds and electronic gadgets on the shelves.
- Make new pillows.
Vacuum & steam clean the carpets. Hang up all my photos & art
- Clean and organize the closet under the stairs. (I HATE THIS CLOSET. It reminds me of Monica from Friend’s junk closet).
- Laundry Room
- Add a shelf
Wipe down the inside of the front loading washing machine Clean out all the lint in the dryer
- Move Christmas decorations to the garage
- Powder Room
Clean & Vacuum the vents Clean toilet Scrub out the sink
- Remove the shelving unit and replace with something modern and sleek
Sanitize the door handles Swifter mop floors Replace 2 year old bathroom rug.
- Master Bedroom
- Clear out and organize the random file cabinet in bedroom and sell the cabinet
- Get rid of all the mis matched socks
- Put up art on walls
- Vacuum & steam clean the floors
- Clean the windows and vacuum the blinds
- Clear out all junk underneath the bed
- Purge our closet. Toss, donate or mend.
- Do all above from powder room in our master bedroom + clean out our bath tub & shower stall.
Clean kids’ bathrooms Hang up artwork in their bathroom.
- Replace their shower curtain.
- Adjust their towel rod because it’s crooked
- Reorganize/refold their linen closet. Make sure they are stocked on toothpaste, toilet paper, hand soap and towels, etc.
- Go through my little girls’ closets and purge everything that doesn’t fit.
- Same with my little boy’s room.
- General stuff
- Clean all the windows & vacuum all the blinds.
- Recaulk areas in the kitchen and bathrooms.
Mop the floors.
- Clear out the garage – sell everything I can or donate things I can’t sell.
- Put shelving in the garage so I can move some of the cleaning supplies to the garage for easy access and also have a centralized recycling center in the garage versus all around the kitchen.
I know this list looks extensive and hard to tackle but I swear I thrive under making lists. Nothing feels more satisfying than checking off a list. I will tackle the easy ones first and then start working on the tedious ones with DH.