1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our mortgage’s bi-weekly payment of $834 & tabs for the car – $154.
2. Today I am thankful for a great weekend with my sisters & parents. We celebrated my mom’s birthday and my niece turned one. So much food and fun.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was reading books with my kids outside in our back yard & drinking fresh homemade lemonade.
4. I will consider this week a success if I can deep clean my entire house from top to bottom. My to do is as follows:
- clean/organize home office
- clean pantry & reorganize it
- do some weeding
- clean bedroom, gather clothes into 3 pies : toss, donate & give
- steam clean the carpets
- pot some flowers and put in the back yard
5. My favorite part of the day is the afternoon because I’m that much closer to go home & hanging out with my babies.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a series that Gina at My Pretty Pennies started up & I participate in.
I am not sure why I am all of a sudden feeling this way, but I am wanting to buy things. Not just normal things, but big ticket item things. I’m talking grand things like:
- A Precor 9.35i Commercial grade treadmill because I can’t even make it to the gym anymore due to my insane schedule. I’m convinced that I will use this treadmill if it were in my home. The problem? For starters, the price is $4999.00!!!!! Secondly, my house has no room for this monstrosity. Yet, the want is there.
- New bedroom furniture for our bedroom because we have never owned new furniture. Everything has been hand me downs. I want a new bed from Pottery Barn ($1400+shipping), a new dresser from Pottery Barn ($1400+shipping)
- A new windows based laptop because no matter how much I try I cannot run Windows via parallel or bootcamp. Which means i can’t use Quicken, which just pisses me off. The cost for a “decent” Dell at Costco is about $650, which includes a brand new Lexmark printer.
- To that end, I am coveting an iPad even though I know it’s a glorified iphone, which I have. But, why do I want one of these stupid things? I don’t know! $500!
I tried to do psychoanalysis on myself on why I suddenly want stuff and the answer is simple, I’ve deprived myself to pay off the credit card debt, to save for down payment of new car and I haven’t treated myself to something in so long, I’m going crazy. I think I need to treat myself to something nice and cheap, something as a reward because I’m eating healthier etc. Not sure what I would buy since I’m too cheap to actually hand over the debit card but maybe some work out clothes? Or, perhaps a new Filofax or Franklin Covey Planner. Something that costs under $50 and definitely not $4,999.
Am I going to indulge on anything of the above? No! However, I will be perfectly honest, I am really *this* close to getting the laptop. I’ve lamented for so long about it and I think part of the reason why I don’t blog as often is because it’s impossible to run my actual budget & spending in Quicken because IT WILL NOT WORK. I tried for over an hour trying to get it to work today only to get frustrated and say, “F*CK IT! ARGH!!” And, you all know I’ve been complaining it for a long time.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on bi monthly mortgage payment in amount of 830.86.
2. Today I am thankful for my co workers. I was out ill for last week and they all held down the fort for me while I was out and worked on a lot of my critical issues. So blessed that I have them.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was cutting my peonies from my garden into all these lovely bunches in my house. They are doing really well this year and the two plants I bought 3 years ago are really blossoming into big bushes and big blooms. I’m waiting for my hydrangea bush to start blooming as well.
4. I will consider this week a success if I complete a huge project at work, pass my last test & manage to catch up on my work email this week.
5. One craft I’d like to master is carpentry. I swear I could do so much stuff to my house if I knew how to do basic carpentry – make awesome built ins to create more storage.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back her.
I have been so bad at posting my budget/spending etc. Basically, a sporadic blogger but I am trying to be more consistent. With that said, below is June’s budget. This is DH’s last month of income and I think the actual amount we save will be a lot higher but I’m just not sure how much right now.
For the month of June I am hoping to accomplish the following:
- Get healthier! I was out for a whole week from work due to bronchitis & literally on bed rest until today. I’m hoping to load up on vitamins, work out again and eat well.
- Run at least 3 times a week.
- Sign up for hot yoga 😉
- Not eat out this whole month & encourage DH to do the same (we have it in the budget for my mom’s birthday but other than that, no eating out!)
- Pass my finals 🙂
- Keep my checkbook balanced to the penny.
- Catch up on my work emails that are overflowing at the moment.
- Plant some more flowers in the backyard.